Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

The Sunshine Award

I have just received The Sunshine Award from author/blogger William Louison!




The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.” The way the award works is this: thank the person who gave you the award, and link back to them. Then answer questions about yourself. Finally, select up to 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post, and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!

Thanks, Will, for thinking of me! You all can check out his blog, What If It All Means Something, -->here<--. ((Also, as of 3/13/2013, I have also received the award from the very sweet and beautiful Charlie Chouinard, whose blog, Charlie's Books, you can find -->here<--!))


And now, here are my answers to the questions about myself:

What inspired you to start blogging?

I started this blog as a way to express myself creatively through poems, pictures, stories, or anything else I was currently feeling.


How did you come up with the name of your blog?

I wanted this blog to be a way for my soul to express itself, so the name Journey of a Soul came from that.


What is your favorite blog that you like to read?

Too many to choose from! I like reading many blogs, just like I like reading many genres of books. Each one has its own unique and enjoyable qualities.


Tell about your dream job.

I think being a travel journalist would be pretty amazing. You'd get to see all sorts of exotic places for free and then share your experiences with the world. I also have a love for decluttering and organizing, and it would be so much fun to be able to help people do that for a living! And, of course, there's that dream of being a full-time novelist...


Is your glass half full or half empty?

Depends on the day. I try to make a conscious effort to be thankful and content on a daily basis, even when life isn't going my way (which happens often!). There's that part of me that is a complete perfectionist, and I have this exact plan for how I want my life to unfold. When things don't happen as planned, I try to "let go" and let the universe/fate/God take me where I need to be.


If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go?

Oh, just one place??? Let's see... I love New Orleans. But there are also many places I've never been yet. I think Italy might be nice. Or Egypt. Or Australia. Or...


What food can you absolutely not eat?

Melons. They're yucky to me.


Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

DARK! Mmmmm...


How much time do you spend blogging?

A few hours a week, if I'm lucky.


Do you watch TV – if so, what are some of your favorite shows?

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I enjoy shows like The Antique Roadshow, and I did like Downton Abbey before they started killing everyone off!



Now to pass on the award! I could have chosen up to 10 people, but I narrowed it down to five bloggers who particularly inspire me with their posts for one reason or another. Here they are, so please check them out!


Jen Naumann 

Jon Herrera

Alisha Jaybird 

Petronela Ungureanu

Elisabeth Wheatley



Thanks for reading!

*****

Add C.J. Sullivan's books to your library. -->Shop here!<--

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Miss Sunshine! :) And thank you for the shout out! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an honor to be mentioned here, lovely fascinating CJ. I loved your Frog and Tode video and I am waiting for a new one I MEAN IT. I love your videos, there is something about your voice and your manner of speaking that fascinates me. I've watched the frog video for ten times, honestly. CONGRATS on the award you soooo deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thank you! I usually do them on a whim, when an idea strikes me. I'll probably film another soon. :-D And you deserve the award as well! Your blog is always beautiful and insightful!

      Delete
  3. Congrats and thanks, sweet lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized you already received this award... and I can see why. But anyways... consider yourself doubly awarded now! http://charliebooks.blogspot.ca/2013/03/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add your name up there with Will's and a link to your blog! Thank you!

      Delete