Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

My Favorite Fallen Angels in Film

I don't know if any of you watch that new show The Bible. I haven't seen any of the episodes yet. There was already a lot of controversy surrounding it, but now, things have gotten even crazier. Seems the show is portraying its Satan as looking like someone quite familiar in the U.S. government! For more on that, click -->here<--.

Personally, I just shake my head at any sort of politicizing in that department. As many of you know, I have a particular affinity for angels and demons, and I have my own opinions of what they're supposed to look like. (And for the record, it's not President Obama.)

For those of you who might be curious, I would like to share with you a few clips from some films that I feel portray these wayward angels in a way that I personally think they should be portrayed. Yes, I'm biased, but I'm allowed to be. ;)

First up, whatever you think of Mel Gibson, put those thoughts aside. I felt like his interpretation of the Devil in The Passion of the Christ was pretty freakin awesome, not only because of the sexually ambiguous mystery of the character, but because he's creepy in that pretty-yet-totally-unnerving sort of way. Watch this scene to see what I'm talking about:






Next up is a Fallen angel named Balthazar, played by Gavin Rossdale, in the movie Constantine. You'll have to be patient because he doesn't show up until the end of the scene, but he's got the perfect mix of cockiness and a pinch of "I'm-about-to-make-you-uncomfortable" that give a spark to his personality. (Warning: this scene's not for kids-it's got some language and stuff.) Check it out:







And for my last two scenes, let me present to you Sephiroth from the animated movie Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. Sephiroth is not technically an angel in the traditional sense, but he might as well be one. And he's precisely what I think a Fallen angel/Lucifer should look like:






And here's the second Sephiroth scene, where he is reborn into his awesome self. (It's complicated. Just go with it.):
















What do you think the Devil looks like? If you agree with me, you might be interested in starting my trilogy. My Fallen angels are of the gorgeous evil variety, like all good tempters should be...

6 comments:

  1. I think you probably know what I believe the devil looks like. ;)

    And I feel like I should've guessed you like Sephiroth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Sephiroth has been a long-time inspiration for me, and also his theme song!

      Delete
  2. I would have to go with Sephiroth...oh yes...go everywhere with him :)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come from the Universal Space blog and I love your space.
    If you do not mind, I would like to be your follower.
    Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete