Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cheating Death Blog Tour!



Hey, friends! Today I'm blogging as part of the Cheating Death Blog Tour, spotlighting author Jen Naumann and her newest release!




Here's the gist of the story:

Lysandra Brooks remembers everything about the day she almost drowned alongside her grandma, especially the set of mysterious eyes she saw at the bottom of the lake. Ever since then, she's been seeing strange things when she is near water—things that aren't really there. Because of it, Lysandra has the tendency to avoid anything that isn't on dry land. On her last day of high school, however, the biggest party of the year is set to take place at a fellow senior's lakeside mansion. Despite her fears, Lysandra decides to prove to her friends and herself that she can handle it.

But after a horrific night of drinking and drama that leaves Lysandra feeling lonely and confused, she nearly drowns for a second time, only to be saved by the new guy in town. From that moment on, Lysandra's world is turned upside down with the discovery of mind blowing secrets, including a revelation that something sinister is after her soul.






Here's the author's bio:
Jen grew up during a magical time in which Ghostbusters, Star Wars, E.T. and The Goonies were the biggest blockbusters. Her love of sci-fi exploded over time, eventually growing into a career of writing YA fiction with a paranormal flair. When not sitting at her Mac, she can be found at concerts and movies, hanging with friends, chilling at her lake home, taking pictures, working on graphic design projects, traveling, or at home with her husband in southern Minnesota and trying to keep up with their four active children.


 A few fun questions and answers about Cheating Death:


 

1) How would you describe your writing style to someone who had never read your work?

I would say that I'm very simplistic and my stories move along quickly. I have such a short attention span that I have to keep things speeding along to keep myself interested. I mostly write to entertain and won't be winning any nobel prizes anytime soon for my prose.


2) What was your main source of inspiration for this particular book?

When I was really young I fell off a dock with my mom. Although I felt like I was drowning at the time and remember the sensation of hitting the water upside down and backwards, we weren't in very deep water and I probably wasn't in any real danger. The rest of the story just kind of evolved from that one incident. I didn't know at the time that I would be writing about ghosts and such.


3) If you could cast your main two characters in the Hollywood movie version, who would play them?

This is really tough because I never have any real people in mind when creating characters, although I must confess that in junior high I used to write books after cutting out pictures from magazines of gorgeous models. I still have some of the "boards" I created. They're hilarious.

I discovered this Brant Daugherty guy when looking into the Pretty Little Liars series. He certainly has the gorgeous eyes to play Adiyn.

 Emilia Clarke (as her natural brunette self) from Game of Thrones is close to the Lysandra I have in mind. Very pretty, yet she could be your next door neighbor.


**And now, here's your chance to WIN A COPY of Cheating Death!**





a Rafflecopter giveaway



You can check out Jen's blog to find out more about the author and her works -->here!

And last but not least, here's the trailer for Cheating Death on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CUk0Ljz3M&feature=youtu.be



1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am sorry, but I have never watched The Goonies. I didn't know what it was until a friend went barbarian on me in Twitter. Ha-ha!
    I think you have great taste when casting characters. I can see it as a movie. Yes!
    P.S. I have fallen from a tree about two times, and from somewhere else like four times. Yes, I've hit the ground and all the air in my lungs has gone out. Horrible feeling. I can't swim, so I stay away from water. Water is my favorite element.
    I want this book!

    ReplyDelete